With the New Year upon us, it’s time to pick a resolution for 2014. Since we don’t have a lot of experience with dieting or exercise – some of the most common resolutions – we can’t help too much there. However, we do know cars and if you’re in the market for a new vehicle this year, here are seven car buying New Year’s resolutions for you to keep in mind during your search:
- Never fall for “what’s it going to take to get you into this car” again.
- Never give up a Saturday (or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday) afternoon again to a car dealership.
- Never spend so much time at a dealership that your child falls asleep in the waiting area. Trust us, it happens.
- Never fall for a “back room” trick.
- Take back control of the car buying process.
- Buy a pre-owned vehicle.
- Skip dealership row. Only purchase vehicles online.